APEAL demonstrates its support of art education by regularly granting scholarships to talented art students and budding artists. Scholarships are granted for postgraduate programs, both in Lebanon and abroad.
The APEAL Scholarship helps subsidize tuition fees of post graduate university-level programs related to the field of arts, in degrees such as:
Note that students applying to graphic design and architecture programs are not eligible.
- Art History
- Museum Studies
APEAL Scholarships are open to all Lebanese citizens that have been accepted to a university program in the art field. The applicants should demonstrate an excellent academic record as well as promising artistic potential (especially for the candidates aiming to pursue a degree in fine arts).
Priority will be given to applicants in need of financial support, but candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
A high-profile jury picks the winners and results are announced at a gathering attended by students, university and art center representatives, artists, members of the press, and friends of APEAL.
Applicants are required to submit:
- The completed application form
- A resume of curriculum vitae
- Their academic transcript covering the last two years of study at least
- A portfolio consisting of a USB drive with up to 5 JPEG images of recent work with their description in a separate document. Please ensure that the portfolio is PC and Mac compatible
- Names and contact details of two referees (space provided on application form) who will be contacted if you are shortlisted for interview
- Proof of Lebanese identity
- Proof of acceptance in the selected program
Applications are open starting January 25 2016.
The deadline for application is April 25 2016.
Interviews of shortlisted candidates will take place in May 2016.
Successful applicants will be notified within two weeks of the interview.
Download Application Form