APEAL supports art education by regularly granting scholarships to talented students and budding artists. The APEAL / Maria Geagea Arida Fund is available to subsidize Post-Graduate studies in Lebanon and abroad in fields such as:
Arts/Fine Art, Art History, Museum Studies, Curation
Scholarships are open to Lebanese citizens already accepted to an art-related degree. Prospective applicants should possess an excellent academic record and display notable artistic potential, especially if aiming to pursue a degree in Fine Arts.
Priority will be given to applicants most in need of financial support, however candidates of any background are encouraged to apply.
Grants are awarded by a panel of judges, some of whom are APEAL members, and results are announced at an open meeting which students, university and art center representatives, artists, members of the press and friends of APEAL are welcome to attend.
Applicants are required to submit:
- A completed application form
- A Curriculum Vitae
- An academic transcript covering the last two years of study
- A portfolio consisting of a USB drive with up to 5 JPEG images of recent work, with descriptions in a separate document. Please
ensure that the portfolio is PC and Mac compatible.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Proof of Lebanese identity
- Proof of acceptance to the academic program
Applications should be submitted in hard copy to APEAL. Copies of the aforementioned documents should also be stored on the USB containing the images.
Applicants shortlisted for interview must also submit a budget and details of their financial status.